• l was placing all my grafts using forceps.However, When l started to check graft quality after surgery, l realized that the use of forceps was often the cause of curved and damaged grafts.
• Especially when dealing with hard and bleeding skin types; long, splay, fragile grafts.
• Two factors are important.
First of all after placing many grafts and when we get tired, we start to hold the graft stronger than necessary with forceps.
Additionally, as you know, pre-made incisions become tighter and less visible with time.While searching for the incision with graft loaded forceps, the grafts can also become damaged.
Recently, l performed a study on these curved grafts to see what happens?
The regrowth rate of the grafts is low and when compared to the regrowth rate of the hair transplanted, which is more important than '' Graft Regrowth Rate '' . lt is only 65% and unacceptable.
Typically, l chose to place my grafts into pre-made incisions. The reason for this is for better graft planning potential. Also, pre-made incisions allow me to create naturel looking frontlines and temple peaks with narrow and low angles to the skin surface.
Narrow and low angles necessary for naturel appearance.
Let me introduce KEEP.
This is my solution to graft placement without damage, using pre-made incesions.The thinnest steel can be used with only 50 micron thickness and all parts can stand up to normal sterilization procedures.
Easy to load and you only need to push your graft slightly in to the dermis.
Medical steel type 304 and fragile parts supported by titanium for long-term usage.
KEEP is protecting grafts, to be curved and to be damaged while searching for the direction of the incision during the embedding procedure.
• Some damaged grafts may start to curve in 24 hours even they look okay in first hours of placing.
• KEEP is offered in different sizes with two adaptable types for both left and right hand use.
• In the video, you can watch , how easy to load KEEP and how fast you can place different types of grafts at the same time without damaging them.
• l made an other study to compare results of KEEP and FORCEPS. l placed 50 grafts/cm2 with KEEP to the left square and with 50 garfts/cm2 with forceps to the right square.
• Both KEEP and FORCEPS squares have 30 double hair and 20 triple hair grafts. I got 100% of regrowth
• But when l compare regrowth rate of transplanted hair, KEEP side is 15% better than forceps.
• Now, l am placing 100% by KEEP and started to get earlier and better density feed-backs.
The graft calculator is an application that has been adapt and sponsored by the world FUE institute. It can be downloaded on iPad for free through the apple store.
The graft calculator helps you control your hair per graft average while extracting from different zones. I have been using this application for a long time.
During surgery, my assistants check graft quality and hairs per graft averages in synchronicities extractions.
I can get this valuable feedback in a real time giving with the chance to adapt my punch size or technic according to my homogenization plan and targeted hairs per graft average. With the graft calculator, my patients can also follow the number of grafts extracted and other surgical statistics at the same time.
This is new application, graft calculator.
You can use this application during your operations. You can activate your time and You can check your speed, you can check your hair per graft averages and if you want to see different areas, for example; temporal area, you can see your average and if you wander to learn your statistics, you can touch your statistics and you can see all different areas, temporal area, parietal area… or if you have more than one operator. You can change the operator and you can activate and you can see the statistics of this new operator.
here you can see Jose, and all different areas. And at the same time, it has voice command, if you have internet connection, it is using Siri. you can activate your voice command and You don’t have to touch it, you can leave the application here. and when you count, three, four, two… this application is counting itself. and at the end of the surgery you can prepare all your statistics, it’s sending an email to you and if you wanted to your patient and you can check all your statistics and you can send all this information to your patient.